The Dispensary Kitchen : Winchester

This week, the brunch theme continues here at SistersDineOut. For me, The Dispensary Kitchen in Winchester is always top of my list and given how busy it has become since it has opened, I'd say its top of quite a lot of peoples lists! The worst thing for me about eating here is trying to pick just one meal from the menu. Everything is delicious and o much of the food is locally sourced, which I really apricate. Where possible I do really enjoy supporting local, smaller companies, especially local butchers!

Located on at 5-6 The Square, The Dispensary Kitchen is in the centre of Winchester and depending which side of the restaurant you sit, offers relaxing views over the cathedral grounds or the perfect spot to people watch on the bustling street.

I've eaten so many brunches here over time that I have lost count, but one thing I can keep track of is how many times I have been disappointed with the food. Why? Because I've never had a bad brunch. That is one of the things I love so much about eating at the Dispensary Kitchen, I always know that the food will be perfection. And if you are lucky and sit close enough to the kitchen hatch, you may even be serenaded by the chef ;)

The first thing that catches your eye when you walk in is the impressive selection of cakes that are available. Every time I go back there is always at least 2 new cakes I've not seen before on offer and they are always delicious and huge!
 

 

 
 If you are strong enough to tear yourself away from the cake counter, then you will be equally as impressed with their breakfast offering. As you already know, I feel strongly about supporting local produce, so it comes as no surprise to hear that this is another reason as to why I love eating here.

 
I'm not normally a bean lover, but the beans at The Dispensary Kitchen are another story. I don't know how they make them, but they are to die for!! Packed with flavour, I can honestly say I've never tasted beans anywhere else that I love as much as I love these.
 
(Full breakfast and soft boiled duck eggs, duck fat & parmesan soldiers with truffle salt and extra sausages on the side)


The most frustrating thing about The Dispensary Kitchen is having to choose what you want to eat. Everything is delicious but there is only so much a girl can eat in one visit! The only solution therefore is to keep going back, which is what I have been doing.

 
So if you want to spoil yourself with a brunch that is fit for a King or Queen, head down to The Dispensary Kitchen. You will not be disappointed.
 
 
(All pictures taken & owned by SistersDineOut)
 
 

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner, The Goat, Timsbury

Overnight stay, The Baraset Barn, Alveston

Summer Garden Afternoon Tea, The Ivy, Winchester