Pasta Evangelists : cooking at home

This weeks blog is something a bit different. Rather than eating out, we decided to try Pasta Evangelists 'restaurant-quality pasta fresh to your door' (wwww.pastaevangelists.com). Based in London, the company was set up in 2017 and deliver fresh pasta across the British Isles. Once their pasta reaches your home, it can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days or you can freeze it down for up to 1 month. I love pasta so I was really intrigued to give this a go.


The website is really simple to use and highlights which pastas are available per week. You can order pasta around 3 weeks in advanced which is fantastic for meal planning. The price ranges from around £6.50 per portion to around £10.50 per portion and contains your pasta, sauce and any other accoutrements you need to create the perfect pasta dish. There is also an option for gluten free pasta, but I believe this is dried pasta and not fresh pasta.

Once you have selected the pasta of your choice, its a case of simply adding it to your basket and selecting your delivery date! Hey presto!

When your pasta arrives, it comes with a cool bag to keep your pasta fresh for when you get home from work. I have to admit, this was something I was a little bit worried about, especially as we had ordered a meat based sauce. However, when I arrived home from work everything was still nice and cool.



We decided to order the Artisan Ravioli Quattro Formaggi with Breadcrumbs and Sage Butter and the Tagliatelle Paglia e Fieno with Beef Shin Ragu & Parmesan. As we had ordered two different dishes, the items in the box were all colour coded so that you knew exactly which items went with each meal (not so complex with 2 dishes, but I can imagine if you have ordered a few different dishes this is extremely handy) and their own little recipe card.

With our recipes at the ready and our wine breathing, we started prepping our pasta and within around 10 minuets were ready to tuck into our selected dishes.


Artisan Ravioli Quattro Formaggi with breadcrumbs and sage butter
 
Tagliatelle Paglia e Fieno with Beef Shin Ragu & Parmesan

Both dishes were really tasty, but for me, I just felt like I needed a little bit more. I personally had the Ravioli and maybe just another 2 or 3 parcels would have been perfect. I love the idea of this, especially if you are working long hours and want something really flavourful and quick this is a great option.

I think price wise, depending on the dish this can be a little bit expensive for a cook at home. Also, the fact that I was still a little hungry played on my mind when considering the price point too.

Otherwise, I can imagine these would be perfect for a dinner party where you have a large number of people and want something tasty and simple. Pop a slice or two of garlic bread or salad on the side and this pasta dishes are spot on.

I would order from Pasta Evangelists again and would highly recommend them to anyone who is busy and likes good food. I would simply suggest that you also have a side dish or a tasty dessert waiting for you afterwards!

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner, The Goat, Timsbury

Overnight stay, The Baraset Barn, Alveston

Summer Garden Afternoon Tea, The Ivy, Winchester