Dinner at Pierre's Bistro, Dubai

A little over a month ago I was enjoying 30 degree sunshine and blissful views across Dubai creek while enjoying beautiful dinning and drinks.

I had the pleasure of eating at Pierre's Bistro Dubai which is located at Promenade Level, Dubai Festival City and is owned by three Michelin star Chef Pierre Gagnaire. The elegant décor of blush pinks and the occasional pop of colour makes the venue inviting and interesting. The occasional Flamingo and golden turtle add a playful feel and oddly don’t seem to clash with the elegant feel the rest of the restaurant exudes.

(source : Instagram)


To start, I selected the pan fried squid with kale, shiitake mushrooms and black garlic butter sauce. The mountain of squid was cooked to perfection and well balanced. The only complaint I have is it really was a very large portion. To be completely honest, it would have sufficed as a main course. However, it was divine.


On to mains, and I opted for the Roasted duck breast fillet, blackcurrant bigarade, salsify with gratin dauphinois. The duck was so tender it melted in the mouth and was complimented beautifully by the tangy blackcurrant bigarade (sauce).


Dessert was a ‘January Truffle Experience’ which consisted of sautéed caramelised apples with macron tops, whipped cream and vanilla ice cream with truffle. I have never had truffle on a sweet / cold dish so I was intrigued to see this on the menu. Unfortunately, it appears my love does not extend to desserts. I found the flavour too overbearing and instead wasted the majority of the truffle, which is really quite sinful. If I'm honest, I wasn’t overly taken aback by the rest of the dessert either. It was not something I would order again if I were given the chance.

The waiting staff were extremely attentive and helpful, and the food was, on the whole, very nice. I just felt like the kitchen staff were a little bit too ‘keen’ when plating up. I would happily visit again, but this time I’d maybe skip lunch…



Popular posts from this blog

Dinner, The Goat, Timsbury

Overnight stay, The Baraset Barn, Alveston

Summer Garden Afternoon Tea, The Ivy, Winchester