Coffee and Cake, Cafe Winchester

As you most likely know by now, I love supporting local businesses where I can, so when I popped for coffee and cake last week, I headed to Cafe Winchester. Encase you haven't been before, here is what it looks like from the outside. The cafe itself is actually much bigger than it looks from the outside and has masses of seats. And for all those dog lovers, they are dog friendly!

Front of Cafe Winchester, St Thomas Street

The Cafe is just off the high street (down the same road Joules is on) and is opposite a few other local businesses.When my husband worked in Winchester, he used to go to the Cafe on an almost weekly basis to get a bacon sandwich, which he always raves about. Apparently, the bacon to bread ratio is perfect...which means there is a lot of meat.

(Top - Chocolate cake, bottom - Red Velvet cake)


This isn't the first time we have been to Cafe Winchester and I am sure it won't be the last. The cake selection is amazing! There must have been at least 10 different types of fresh cakes to choose from and they also offer an extensive breakfast and lunch menu.

(Top - Chocolate cake and hot chocolate. Bottom - Latte and Red Velvet cake)

I would say my only 'nitpick' is that it could do with a lick of paint and a little bit of TLC around the edges. But the food is great and the service is friendly, so maybe I can overlook the scuffs in the paint?

(All pictures taken & owned by SistersDineOut unless otherwise stated)

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner, The Goat, Timsbury

Overnight stay, The Baraset Barn, Alveston

Summer Garden Afternoon Tea, The Ivy, Winchester