Dinner, Pho, Nationwide

I really like a good backstory and the story of Pho is a great one. The owners decided to set up Pho while travelling Vietnam after they feel in love with the food. The chain has been running sine 2005 and at present, 29 locations. If you are based in or around Southampton, your nearest Pho in Portsmouth at Gunwharf Quays (pronounced 'fuh' encase you were wondering).

I first stumbled across Pho at their Kingston restaurant. Cast you mind back to the beginning of last year when we had that terrible snow around March time. I know it's hard to think of snowy weather in the middle of summer, but here we are. I was staying away on a work trip and I fancied something tasty and easy for my dinner. It has been a long day and I was tired and just wanted to eat and get to bed. That's when I saw Pho's neon light shining bring through the snow. I know, sounds romantic right? But from that first trip, I was hooked...so I guess you could say it was love at first sight?

The first thing we need to talk about is the menu. The majority of items on the Pho menu are gluten free and accredited by Coeliac UK. When you see the broad range of items on their menu, you will understand why this is so amazing (you can see the menu here).

My mum has a gluten intolerance and it's hard to find somewhere that has a great range of tasty dishes on the menu that she can eat. So as soon as I saw this, I dropped her a text telling here how excited I was to have found a new place she can enjoy too! Mother and daughter shopping trips just got a whole lot easier!

Everything is made in house and the broth's are made by simmering down bones for a good 12 hours. Each dish is brushing with flavour and it's fresh, brightly coloured ingredients mean that the dishes looks as delicious as it tastes. I've pulled together some of the dishes I've enjoyed below, each of them is making me salivate just thinking back to eating them.

Starters 

Nem Hai San 
(large crispy spring role of king prawn, crab & pork with dipping sauce)  

Goi Cion 
Fresh rice paper summer rolls with herbs, vermicelli and pickle with peanut sauce 

Mains

Pho Chin 
tender beef brisket slow cooked in broth 


Pho dac biet
king prawns, chicken and flash friend steak with garlic beef broth 

Bun 
Vermicelli noodles with beef 

With a casual and relaxed environment, Pho offers a range of mouth-watering street food that is reasonably priced and extremely filling. I still haven't made it to the dessert section yet! 

I would highly recommend popping into Pho and seeing what delicious dishes they have on offer... FYI they also do food to go! 

(All pictures taken & owned by SistersDineOut unless otherwise stated)

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner, The Goat, Timsbury

Overnight stay, The Baraset Barn, Alveston

Summer Garden Afternoon Tea, The Ivy, Winchester