Dinner, Cheesecake Factory, Dubai

I don't know about you, but whenever I think about the Cheesecake Factory, I automatically think about Penny in The Big Bang Theory.

When I was in Dubai at the end of January, we were at the end of a very busy trip and wanted some comfort food. It was the night before we were due to fly home and we were shattered and burgers and cheesecake sounded like the perfect meal. Our hotel was in the same complex as the Festival City Shipping Centre, so it was a nice short and easy walk to find food.

Having visited The Cheesecake Factory before, I knew there was no point in me ordering a starter. First of all, the mains are huge and secondly, who wants to fill up on savoury starters when there is cheesecake on the menu?

For my main, I had the macaroni and cheese burger with 'upgraded' sweet potato fries. It still makes me laugh when restaurant make you pay extra for sweet potato fries. There is no extra work that goes into prepping sweet potatoes fries vs normal fries.

I love mac and cheese and whenever we have BBQ's at home, it is always on the menu. The mac and cheese on this burger was deep fried and in a little patty on top of the burger and then covered with a cheddar cheese sauce.

In the picture below, the burger looks like a standard size burger, however, the heaviness of the cheese sauce meant it was so filling and heavy on the stomach. The cheese sauce also tasted a little bit fake and almost chemically.

Macaroni and cheese burger
Charbroiled and topped with our creamy fried macaroni and cheese balls and cheddar cheese sauce. Served with lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion and mayo

After stuffing my face with cheese and burger, I felt it was only right to treat myself to a piece of cheese. I love Oreo's so the Oreo Dream Extreme Cheesecake was the perfect choice for me. The slab of cheesecake was huge, it was more than enough to feed two people. Just look at it!

Oreo Dream Extreme Cheesecake
Oreo cookies baked into creamy cheesecake topped with layers of fudge cake and Oreo cookie mouse. Topped with a milk chocolate icing and served with cream


The meal was extreme is terms of size and I didn't even manage half of my cheesecake. I washed down what I did eat with a Strawberry Daiquiri, which was alcohol free given we were in Dubai. But was still so delicious.

The portion sizes were a bit ridiculous and it's so easy to overeat and over indulge. I would 100% go back to The Cheesecake Factory, but it definitely is a 'once in a blue moon' sort of meal as an extremely glutenous treat. 

(All pictures taken & owned by SistersDineOut unless otherwise stated)

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner, The Goat, Timsbury

Overnight stay, The Baraset Barn, Alveston

Summer Garden Afternoon Tea, The Ivy, Winchester