No 5 Bell Street, Romsey

Every now and then I like to treat myself and take myself for lunch mid week. It may sound odd, but I like to indulge in a little 'me time'. Sometimes I take myself shopping other times I take myself for lunch and enjoy doing something on my own, for me.

Being office based, I can't take myself too far for lunch, but since I started working in Romsey I have enjoyed popping into our beautiful town. Over the past few months, it seems like there have been a lot of changes on Bell Street. This includes new clothes shops, shoe shops and the opening of No 5.

 
 
The café itself is very quaint and is even dog friendly! As well as serving incredible coffee, the café offers Jude's ice cream, a range of homemade tasty cakes and sandwiches. During the working work, No 5 is the perfect spot to sit and people watch with a coffee and a baguette.

 
 
They also do a loyalty scheme for their coffees which is great and more than anything, a great excuse to make sure you go back. My only 'complaint' if you can even call it a complaint is that I REALLY wish this place was open on a Sunday! I apricate everyone needs a day off and as a local café they possibly have less staff, but I would love it if they were open Saturday and Sunday then closed Monday and Tuesday. I have been in Romsey on so many occasions on a Sunday wanting a coffee and there are so few local places open***. Like I say, I do understand that as a local business you have other commitments such as needing to balance a business with family, but I really do feel like it would be the perfect stop for a lazy sunday coffee and catch up.
 
 
Other than my extremely unreasonable request for No 5 to be open on a Sunday...I love this little café. I think they have decorated it beautifully, the staff are always really sweet and the food and coffee are perfect. If you are looking for somewhere a little bit different and like to shop local, I would really recommend stopping by at No 5 on Bell Street.
 
***Updated April 2019 - much to my delight and joy, No5 is now open on Sundays!! I even popped by last Sunday and treated myself to a piece of their delicious Lemon Drizzle Cake to show my love and support of their choice. Opening hours on a Sunday are 10.30am - 3pm
 
 (All pictures taken & owned by SistersDineOut)
 

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner, The Goat, Timsbury

Overnight stay, The Baraset Barn, Alveston

Summer Garden Afternoon Tea, The Ivy, Winchester