Dinner at Hotel Du Vin, Wimbledon

Having stayed in a number of Hotel Du Vin's over the years, Wimbledon shines through as my favourite in the chain. The hotel is set in beautiful grounds with number of gardens and walks. During the summer months it is the perfect place to sit in the sun and enjoy a Sunday afternoon. It's great being a short walk from the gorgeous Wimbledon village, a fantastic part of London which we love staying in.

We popped to London back in October and ended up staying for two nights to celebrate my birthday. On the first night, we opted to eat in and make the most of the beautiful restaurant. During summer, it has the most stunning views across the glorious grounds.





For the start of my 3 course dinner, I picked the mussels. I have had this dish at Hotel du Vin on a number of occasions and always love treating myself to their mussels whenever I stay. You can also opt for this dish as a main course with fries if you want too. For me, the best bit about this dish is reaching the bottom and dipping the fresh bread into the white wine sauce. So full of flavour and absolutely delicious.

Mussels 
steamed with white wine, cream, shallots and garlic.

Duck isn't usually the first meat you think of when you picture shepherd's pie, but this combo was out of this world. The meat was extremely tender and juicy and topped with perfect mash. The portion didn't look that big, but it was so filling and super homely, the perfect main.

 
Duck Shepherd's Pie 
braised duck legs in their own rich gravy topped with a velvety pommes puree

I have to admit, I cannot remember what my dessert was called. When we visited in October, this was a new dish that wasn't on the menu. It was the perfect way to finish off a meal, fruity and filling with a tasty dollop of vanilla ice cream.


After another exceptional meal and I can't wait for my next visit to Hotel du Vin, Wimbledon.


 (All pictures taken & owned by SistersDineOut unless otherwise stated)

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner, The Goat, Timsbury

Overnight stay, The Baraset Barn, Alveston

Summer Garden Afternoon Tea, The Ivy, Winchester