Brunch, Limes Resturant, Lindfield

Just north of Haywards Heath on the edge of the beautiful West Sussex countryside, is a little village called Lindfield. Picturesque and quaint, the high street is predominately made up of local business, Limes Restaurant, being one of them.

As well as serving food, Limes offers visitors the ability to book into their two guests apartments located above the restaurant. For our trip, we popped in for a spot of brunch last Sunday morning. The restaurant is very functional in terms of it's decor, nothing too over the top. Comfortable, practical and clean are the words that come to mind. They also have a number of Certificates of Excellence from TripAdvisor, which is nice to see.

Limes Instagram)

The sleepy village seems to spring to life around 10.30am on a Sunday and Limes is no exception. And let me tell you why. Offering a vast range of breakfast delights, the menu caters to guests looking for either a sweet or savoury start to the day. They even had a great range of brunch cocktails if you are brave enough. I have to admit, I did eye up the Espresso Martini and question if this would be the perfect start to my Sunday, alas, I chickened out and choose a standard coffee.

I head straight to the sweet side of the menu and decided today is defiantly a waffle day...but do I want the normal waffle stack or the The Big Ben Tower of waffles? I stupidly opt for just a standard size portion of waffles and instantly regret my choice when I see the gentleman on the table next to me has ordered the Big Ben Tower and oh my, it looks beautiful. Next time, the tower will be mine.


The waffles were incredibly light and fluffy which was really nice, I would have liked a few more blueberries, but otherwise (and other than not ordering a tower of waffles) I was very happy with my choice. I also ordered a side portion of sausages, which were delicious and you could tell were a very good quality with high meat content.


My partner in crime decided on the Full English (which also came with a side of toast). As you would hope, the portion size was rather large with 2 sausages, 2 rashers of bacon, 2 eggs (cooked to your liking), beans, mushrooms and tomatoes. A breakfast fit for a king. Again featuring beautiful quality meats.


We also ordered a range of hot and cold drinks for the table. When you order a breakfast, you get a hot drink free of charge, which makes the breakfast even better value. We also had some fresh juice which was full of flavour and actually appeared to be freshly done by the restaurant rather than from a carton.

I cannot wait for our next visit to Limes. They were advertising a Vegan night for July and have recently done a Japanese night in June, which I can imagine are well attended. If you are wanting some hearty, tasty and reasonably priced food I would highly recommend a visit to Limes in Lindfield.


(All pictures taken & owned by SistersDineOut unless otherwise stated)

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner, The Goat, Timsbury

Overnight stay, The Baraset Barn, Alveston

Coffee and cake, The Garden Society, Eastleigh