Afternoon Tea, Cafe Binghams, Hampshire


Who else has missed eating in restaurants? As you’re reading this blog, I think it’s safe to assume you are also excited to be able to enjoy a meal inside with your nearest and dearest again. 

This week, we were invited to Cafe Binghams to try their menu. For transparency, this meal was complimentary, however, this does not affect our review. 

Going for Afternoon Tea is one of my favourite things to do, especially when I’m with friends. In my eyes, nothing suits a long overdue catch up like a tasty selection of cakes and a good cup of tea. For me, this was also my first experience eating in a restaurant with my little boy, who was 7 weeks old at the time. 

What’s on the menu?

Savoury 

Coronation chicken wrap 

Maybe the best coronation chicken I’ve had. Messy but delicious.

Rosary goats’ cheese, sweet pepper piperade wrap 

I know goats cheese can be a bit of a marmite option, but I absolutely love goats cheese.

It was nice to have something a little bit different on the menu and it tasted glorious. This would be great in the garden with a crisp glass of white wine on a summers evening 

Smoked salmon sandwich & Honey roast ham sandwich 

There isn’t too much you can say about either of these afternoon tea classics. Both were tasty and enjoyable  

Sweet

Of course, you have your standard fruit and plain scones (would it be an afternoon tea if these didn’t feature!?) and a selection of patisserie cakes  


Raspberry tart 

Lovely fresh fruit and can also be gluten-free. My only comment was that I thought the pastry case was a little too biscuity and could have been a little bit more buttery. But that’s a personal opinion. 




Chocolate and orange mousse in a chocolate shell

Delicious, not too rich or sickly, but still heavenly. It had a soft base with a crumbly top with a lovely white chocolate swirl for decoration. 

 



Raspberry mouse and jelly 

This was my favourite, and not just because it looked beautiful. The flavour was outstanding, really punchy and not synthetic at all. Give me a whole box of these, please! 



Sponge with vanilla icing

Simple sponge to finish off. Sometimes simple is all you need, a perfect summer cake. 



We also opted to have a G&T with ours. You can choose to add a glass of prosecco for £8 or a G&T for £7.25. The Afternoon Tea by itself is £22.50 per person, which I think is a great value. I was thoroughly stuffed and even ended up taking a scone home with me in this cute little takeaway box.



 


Baby friendly? 

As I mentioned above, this was my first experience eating in a restaurant with my baby, so I was pretty nervous. Cafe Binghams is close to home for us, so it felt like a ‘safe’ time to try eating out and we also visited midweek in the afternoon which was a lot less stressful than an evening for us. 


The staff were extremely accommodating and made sure we had a table with enough space for the pram. 





Pram access - there is a ramp-up to the door which made access super easy. The door was also nice and wide and the tables were spaced out sufficiently to allow us to easily move through the restaurant. 


Breastfeeding - I actually didn’t need to feed my little one while we were out, but I would have felt more than comfortable doing so if I had needed to. 


Changing facilities - I didn’t check these as little man didn’t need a change while we were out (he slept for the whole Afternoon Tea, how lucky am I?). 



There is also a lovely outside area which is a little sun trap in the afternoon. 


We thoroughly enjoyed our Afternoon Tea at Cafe Binghams and can’t wait to go back in the near future to try the rest of the menu. As I stated above, I think the Afternoon Tea is great value for money and would highly recommend it to anyone. The staff were very accommodating towards us and our little one, which makes it a lovely mummy friendly restaurant too. 


Thank you for having us Cafe Binghams, we look forward to seeing you again very soon. 


(All pictures taken & owned by SistersDineOut unless otherwise stated)

Popular posts from this blog

Dinner, The Goat, Timsbury

Overnight stay, The Baraset Barn, Alveston

Summer Garden Afternoon Tea, The Ivy, Winchester