Sunday Breakfast at White Horse, Romsey

If you are a regular visitor to the SistersDineOut Blog, you will already know that we love brunch. At the beginning of November, on a very dark and gloomy Sunday, we were in dire need of a catch up and headed over to the White Horse in Romsey to enjoy some tasty food and gossip.

Being based in Romsey, I often find myself heading to the White Horse (WH) given that it is easy to get to and on sunny days I can enjoy a leisurely walk into the village for a coffee in their courtyard. I also think that not many are aware that you can go and have breakfast at The White Horse, even if you're not a guest at the hotel. 

As much as I love Romsey for cafes mid-week, on a Sunday there are very few independent cafes open. I can defiantly understand why this is, but I love supporting local retailers. For me, it’s nice to know there is a local business open on a Sunday where you can pop in for breakfast, lunch and dinner, or just a light refreshment.


Given that we had a lot of catching up to do (it had been a whole 3 weeks since we last saw each other!) we decided a hearty cooked breakfast followed by some sweet pancakes would be the perfect balance. 

The Full Cooked Breakfast - Two eggs cooked to your choice served with honey roast ham or back bacon, New Forest sausage, grilled mushroom, black pudding & grilled tomato (£14.50)

I always say you can judge the quality of a cooked breakfast based on the sausage. Yes, I know what you are thinking, it does sound like an odd statement, but I have found it hasn’t failed me yet. 

So, with this in mind, the first thing I tuck into when I have a full English is the sausage. WH have defiantly nailed it with their sausage selection, you can taste the meat content is high and they are of outstanding quality. This is the same for the back bacon and the black pudding. The only thing I would say (and this is me being picky for the sake of it) is that I would have liked the yolks in my poached eggs to have been a little bit runnier. 

Now you may be asking, but what about toast? Don’t worry WH have got you covered. Because WH also offer a continental breakfast (£7.50), there is a stack of toast ready to add to your dish if you want. 

 Smoked salmon with scrambled eggs & chives (£8.25)
The scrambled eggs were rich and creamy with the perfect amount of salmon to compliment them. A delicious plate of food cooked to perfection. All thats needed is a nice piece of toast on the side which you can help yourself to from the continental breakfast area. 


American style pancakes with maple syrup & fresh berries (£5.50)

As a naughty little treat to round off the breakfast, we decided to split some American pancakes. Light and fluffy, these huge pancakes were a delicious way to end the meal. 

Breakfast at The White Horse in Romsey is the perfect way to spend a lazy Sunday. We must have sat for the best part of 3 hours chatting away over our food as if we were in the comfort of our own home. If you are looking for a great breakfast in our little town, I would highly recommend heading down to the White Horse. You will not be disappointed. 


(All pictures taken & owned by SistersDineOut)



Popular posts from this blog

Dinner, The Goat, Timsbury

Overnight stay, The Baraset Barn, Alveston

Summer Garden Afternoon Tea, The Ivy, Winchester